How to Enter
Applicants are encouraged to make their submission online as early as possible before the deadline. Postal entries are also accepted.
First, read the Competition Rules thoroughly. Non-compliance may result in disqualification.
Submission of an entry is taken as acceptance of the Competition Rules and the Terms and Conditions.
- Your submission must be written in English or be your own work translated into English
- Add the title and word count on the front page. A cover page is not necessary.
- Your submission can be in any font, but must be in black type, 12pt. Handwritten entries will not be accepted.
- 1.5 or double spaced.
- Please number your pages.
- Please attach your document as a pdf or word doc. Maximum file size 2MB.
- Please name attachments with your exact story title. If untitled, with the exact first line.
- Please ensure your submission does not include your name or any other identifying marks.
We’re looking forward to receiving your entries and thank you for taking part.
SUBMIT BY POST:
Submissions by post should be sent to:
and should include the following:
- A cover letter including your name, address and telephone number, plus email address (if you have one) and the title of your story(ies).
- Your submission, featuring only the title of the story and the wordcount on the front page with no other identifying marks whatsoever.
- A cheque or postal order for £5 per submission up to 2,500 words, or £8 per submission up to 5,000 words.
Cheques and postal orders are to be made payable to ‘CLF Trading Ltd’. Please include your name and address on the back.
IMPORTANT: Your details should be included on your cover letter only, and not on your submission. Your submission should feature only the title of the story, the story itself and the word count, and should have no other identifying marks. Failure to delete identifying marks will result in disqualification.
Multiple entries are acceptable and may be posted together, but remember to adjust payment accordingly. Each entry should be on a new sheet.
If you require acknowledgement of receipt, please enclose a self-addressed postcard with ‘Acknowledgement’ written on it.
Here you can enter your submissions online using either the WorldPay or PayPal payment systems. You will need a credit or debit card to do this.
Please make sure you have read the entry instructions and the competition rules. Failure to abide by the rules may result in disqualification.
Please use the title of your short story as the name of the document, or if untitled, the first line.
Your submissions can be uploaded at the checkout, as a pdf or word doc. Please do not exceed 2MB in file size.
IMPORTANT: Please ensure your attachments do not include your name or any other identifying marks.
Multiple entries are accepted, but please amend your payment accordingly, i.e. £5 for stories up to 2,500 words, or £8 for stories up to 5,000 words.
Once payment has been received you will receive email acknowledgements from both PayPal and ChipLitFest.